Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just Life!

I haven't updated for a long time because sometimes I don't feel like my life is exciting enough to post about. But today I figure it might help to lift my spirits.
Life has been good in our house just busy. The boys seem to lately be able to terrioze my house in mere seconds. I left the room to feed the baby and I came back to find an almost finished crocheted washcloth completly undone and all the yarn taken aff its spool. This was all done in just a couple minutes, ahhh! But the kids still survive.
AJ has been doing well lately. He is back in school and loving it though not wanting to ride the bus anymore. He seems to still have a bit of seperation anxiety which started this past summer. At least he is still willing to go to school. He is pretty well potty trained. Not at night though and I haven't really worked on that so we still use "night time underwear". He is such a big help to for mom when he wants to be. He can get stuff for himself and Noble and he really loves the praise of helping. I think he is starting to "grow out of" some of his behaviors. I am learning that his ASD may never really go away so much as he learns to function with it among others so that it isn't as obvious he has a problem. For instance instead of running of and freaking out at parades, when the sirens ont he police and firetrucks were going off, this summer he did better if he was sitting down. He was able to relax. And it did help that I warned him and told it was okay to grab my hand and leave if he needed to but he never did and relaxed thru it. He still quotes movie lines when he is a little unsure about a social situation but the lines seem more appropriate for the situation than random. Sounds weird but a step forward and to be honest I don't mind if he keeps this behavior a bit because it makes me laugh all the time. I can be mad one second and the next not able to keep a straight face because he has me laughing so hard. I love this kid. He is one special kid.
Noble, the 2 year old. What else can I say?! This kid has way too much Waite blood running thru him. He is fearless, defiant, and stubborn. And if you know a Waite, this pretty much sums them up. He will be an adrenilaine junkie, this I am sure of. I was but calmed a bit down as I got older but still need that rush occasionally (which does happen enough when kids get lost so I actually don't do much to bring it on anymore!). He likes to say "never" to everything you say. Not just "no" but "never". And he is stubborn, he really would mean never if it wasn't for the power of mom counting and following thru. He understands that at least and will bend to the counting. Evil mom I know! Recently he ran in the house to tell me his 'bike engine' was broke. It took me a while to figure out what he was saying cause it made no sense at all. So I followed him outside and just smiled and said 'ok'. And then he went off on how he needed a toll to fix it so he got a stick and went to work tapping around on it. Next thing ya know his 'bike engine' works! And he was off again riding around. He is also the one usually banging the play hammer on walls, and when you ask him what he's doing he tells you he's "fixing it". Soon he'll get tough enough so we will have to fix it so until then I enjoy watching him be like his daddy. Oh and just for the record I have more than once apoligized to my parents for the terror I inflicted upon them, in some small way hoping they will lift this curse of me having a child just like me! The curse has yet to have been lifted and I continue to fear the teenage years with this one. I do love him just some days it takes a bit of chanting and extra effort.
Erik, the adorable chunky baby. He is the cutest kid in the entire world right now. And yes I mean he is way cuter than all of your kids, no offense. I am a bit biased but he has the right balance of chunkyness, length, and chubby cheeks. This kid smiles at everything, laughs for almost anyone, and really only cries to be feed. I can't get enough of him. Today I have been kinda blue and this kid seemed to pull me out of it a bit with his smiles and laughs. I just soaked them up knowing soon he would be out in the sand box getting all dirty like his brothers and weilding sticks like they're swords. He can roll around and gets to what he wants on the floor pretty well. He also recently started saying 'mama'. He's been saying baba for a while but just started saying mama and it makes my heart melt every time. I love my baby. This is definitly my favorite stage, just learning how to talk and not mobile. Nothing better.
Brady is doing good. I have two funny stories about him. First of all I made him go to the doctor to do just a check up since he hadn't done one since his mission. Maybe it sounds silly but I would rather know my husband is healthy than die on me for something easily preventable. SO anyways, he had to have some blood drawn and needed to fast for it too. I am sure you see where this is going but let me add one more thing. He decided to ride his bike into work that morning before having his blood drawn while fasting. See a problem? While sticking him with a needle they had a hard time trying to find his vain, which we learned was probably because he was dehydrated not knowing he could drink water while fasting. They were poking around which he said hurt pretty bad and the next thing he knew he had a ton of people around him calling his name. Yes he passed out! I do feel bad for him cause I saw him a few hours later and he looked awful. Me, I would have come home and rested after that but Brady, he went to work and kept moving. I did get him some candy and he had some peanuts so this helped him alot. The next thing is really funny. He was riding his bike home the other day and slowed down to a stop and turned without stopping so that he would not loose momentum. The street he was turning onto had a wide shoulder and he thought it was fine. Next thing he knew was that he was being pulled over by a cop. Yes you read that right, you can be pulled over on your bike by a cop car! He got a warning ticket. I am not going to go into how I think it was a waste of time when there was cars going 10 mph over the speed limit going by, but I still find it funny. I love this man. He has been helping alot with all the canning we have been doing. Whether by watching kids or doing some by himself. He is just awesome. I still can't believe I have known him for 6 years. The best 6 years of my life.
Well, onto me. I haven't been to exciting. Lately we have been fighting one sickness after the next and the last one I had a fever for 3 days and that was rather annoying. Now instead of being sick I am totally unmotivated. I have a million projects to do but have no motivation to any of them. Right now we are processing the last jars of apple rings and I have no interest in canning till next spring. I have been reading a little bit more lately. I read Mockingjay, the last book in the Hunger Games series. I loved it, and would recommend it. I also just finished The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale. I liked this book, warning this book made me ball like a little baby so have tissues ready. Mostly it was funny but the sad part was excrutiatingly painful to read. Anyways, right now I am readin Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen.
I thought I would share something I learned today. While talking to my mom today she pointed out that maybe I was shwoing off sometimes when I point out the amazing things my husband does. Its not that I try to do this mind you. We go thru our tough times and work at things all the time but I guess I tend to not dwell on the little things he does that aggitate me. I inform him of these things and he tries to do better but sometimes it just doesn't work for him and I get over it. I just don't let my mind dwell on things. So yes, you only hear about the amazing things my husband does because in my eyes, the love of my life is practically perfect and to help me see that I don't often dwell or remember things that we had to deal with or work thru. It really isn't worth my time or his. I would rather be happy and in love with him all the time.
And if you have read all the way to end of this insanely long post you may as well know that I love my family sooo much. My kids may be slowly driving my crazy but I love them so wonderfully. And Brady! Well, there is no one more perfect for me than him. He came home today and gave me a hug and everything seem to feel better all at once. He is my rock and I love him.

No comments: