Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Baby

Okay so I know it has been a while. I do have an excuse though. Erik Brady White was born on April 12 at 2:41pm. He weighed 9 lbs. 20" and is quit the cutie. This was the first pregnancy you can say I did all natural. I did get an iv drug, not an epidural, but before it could really took affect I realized I needed to start pushing. So all the drug did was make me a bit loopy. I think I might skip it next time all together. The drug helps me from getting nauseous and takes away a little pain. I don't think I needed it this time because my sweet nurse relized I was doing this without ever being taught techinics and she taught Brady a pressure point that got me thru the contractions. Interesting that most people say that being induced makes the contractions worse yet I remeber my second baby being so much worse. I was induced with this baby because I was already 39 weeks, which is the longest I had been pregnant, and I did not want another big baby. Luckily I had already been having contractions for a week they just wouldn't get strong, and I was dilated to a 4 when they induced me so maybe they just pushed it along a little bit. Anyways, everything went great and we were back at home less than 24 hours later.

Having 3 kids has been an adventure. Luckily Erik is by far the easiest baby we have had. And I thing I desereved an easy baby after the last two, and I hope he continues to be such. Brady and I realized that Noble was probably a colicky baby we just didn't know. Erik usually cries for the basics and thats it and if I am on top of it he doesn't cry at all!

We had Eriks baby blessing this past weekend. We had both sets of grandparents and Brady's older sisters family come. It was loads of fun. My kids enjoyed having someone else to play with.

Besides surviving the day to day there is nothing else going on. Noble is a terrible to kid which drives me crazy most the time. He balances that with his real cuteness. AJ is going to be going to summer school. He is really a smart kid just still has issues with social and behavior. On a side note, I really enjoyed this last April as it was Autism Awareness month. It was nice to have more articles and tv shows dedicated to this and realize that I am not the only mom who lives thru some of the things I have. AJ is much better than he was thanks to mothers intuition and early intervention. Yet he still has things that most parents don't deal with. We still have meltdowns but they are definitly fewer than before. And now when we have them its usually because I forgot to do something or didn't deal with the situation like I should have. Besides all that, it just is really nice to know I am not alone and I do enjoy talking to other friends who go thru the same thing everyday. Well on to Brady, he finished our main bathroom. We had to remodel it and get some mold out of there before the baby came. He successfully did that and made it look beautiful. Next he is to fix a problem in our bathroom and we are praying that it is not too big. It is behind the wall so we don't know how much damage has occured. Oh the joys of owning a home. Which brings us to our most recent home issue. Our ac/heat pump leaks frion. No one has ever been able to find a leak but it does leak which causes it not to be able to work right. So now we are heating up here in our house and the ac is blowing warm air. Very frustrating. I don't think I can make it here in the heat of the desert with no ac so hopefully we can get it fixed for little or no money considering we just spent our savings on baby and new tires for the car.





3 comments:

Andersen Family said...

Awww, he's such a cutie! Congrats! All your sweet boys are so adorable.

Mel said...

He's definitely a keeper. I love the family photo. Its so wonderful to hear about your family!!

Rachel G said...

Cute!! I'm still amazed that you have three kids and we've been married almost the same amount of time! Hope you guys are doing awesome, enjoy those western summers because I sure miss them!