Sunday, September 21, 2008

Zion is Gorgeous

Yesterday we made a family trip to Zion National Park. Zion is only about 45 minutes away from where we live so it was a nice break without a long drive. Mom knew we couldn't stay past 2 because nap times were around there and sure enough, we were on the bus back to our car and the fits began. But I do consider that normal and a minor detail in our exciting trip. So I will just post pictures so you can see instead of read.

Here are my boys getting ready to ride the bus through the park.
AJ was so excited to be out in an open area. We ate lunch at the Grotto and he seemed to like to run around and play with sticks there, not much eating was done.I thought this picture of Noble was kind of funny. He seemed to like to be in the backpack most of the time though.Dad, who actually wanted to eat and not run around. Here is Brady and Noble hiding under the bus stop. It had started raining while we were eatin glunch and we weren't sure how it was going to turn out. It ended up rainging for only a few minutes and was actually pretty light. We just couldn't tell due to the gorgeous rock formations in the way.This is my favorite picture. This is the view from weeping rock. It just doesn't get much better than this.Just so you know, AJ was totally falling out of my arms. But this is our family pic.
This is me at weeping rock. Isn't it gorgeous (the rock of course)?

3 comments:

Latrice said...

I will certainly consider Zion while planning my next vacation trip.

Caranna said...

I love Zion's! When I was little I was just fascinated by weeping rock. I remember asking my Daddy why the rock was so sad and what we could do to make it happy again.
Isn't that rock formation you can see from weeping rock called "Wedding Cake Rock" or something like that? Since it's all white and kind of resembles a cake.

Alayna said...

We love Zion! We've been there 3 or 4 times since we've been married.
I'm glad you guys had a good time!