Friday, August 22, 2008

It is HOTT here!

St George i sreally hot. I attempted to go on a walk yeserday at 3pm. I made it around our complex and came home rather promptly. I was sweating buckets by that point. I just have ot tell my self that the summers here aren't nearly as long as the winters in Pocatello. So, soon I will be able to go outside whenever and go for a walk. We do have a pool here but the thought of watching two little kids, of which one I would have to hold the whole time, in the pool by myself is a little too much. AJ likes to see how far he can go out even if it means all you see out of the water is his hands. I am not quite sure if he has even learned how to hold his breath. He has really taken to liking the pool though and for that I am glad, it just means we bribe him to get out of the pool!! Both of my boys right now have really runny noses. I am hoping it goes away soon. I am really worried that Noble has an ear infection but even if he did I would rather wait a week and see if it goes away on its own before I were to give him meds. He doesn't have a fever so that is a good thing. I do think that Noble and I have been passing a yeast infection back and forth. After talking to my mother-in-law about thrush I looked it up and read more about the symptoms. I had already known that it was painful and that the babies usually get white stuff around their mouths so I never thought that was what we had. After reading more about it I think that is what I have been calling my clogged milk ducts. (sorry for anybody who really doesn't want to hear) I would really like to go to the doctors and get this all fixed but it really sucks when you are in between jobs and don't have health insurance. We will in a little while but not now.
Everything else in our life is great. I am starting to make some friends and actually found someone who taught at my husbands high school. She was the speech teacher so you might know her Caranna but she said she remembered Quinten. Small world. Well, off to cute my HOTT husbands hair (Yes I still think he is HOTT)!!

2 comments:

Alayna said...

Sorry, I have to laugh just a little bit - ha ha ha... Heat is fun, isn't it? But, you learn to adjust. And spend a lot of time indoors during the summer. And be very thankful for air conditioning!
I'm sorry that you have been sick! I hope that you and your boys get over it soon! :)

Caranna said...

What's the teacher's name? My speech teacher was MR. Martin. And I'm trying to remember who took up the post after him. He only did it one year and said 'No Thank You!' I'm pretty sure he's still in Preston.
I'm sorry it's been so hot. I watch the news and think about you.
I saw that it was 108 in Phoenix yesterday. I do not envy you OR Alayna!
I'd take the Idaho winters over St. George summers any day! But a pool WOULD be fun!
I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad that I've never experienced Thrush, not something I want!